Monday, December 10, 2012

Recovery

Recovery means different things to different people. To some, it relates to moments of resistance to drug or alcohol-related addictions. On the Jersey Shore and parts of New York, it pertains to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Others simply lay in hospitals or move slowly in physical rehabilitation centers as part of their recovery.

Three weeks ago I used every fiber of my being to run 50 miles on a compromised right knee that had little training to begin with. Now both knees are sore and I am unable to do the one thing that liberates my soul. As part of my recovery - so that I am able to move again for 50 miles in a single stretch - I must remain as inactive as possible until the new year.

Though this mild undertaking has proven incredibly challenging for me to cope with, it is nothing in comparison to the recovery experienced by many others. Mine is the issue of the blessed.

Good luck and God bless to all those in recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment